SOIL SCIENCE SOCIETY OF NIGERIA (SSSN)
45TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE, BOWEN, 2021
The Soil Science Society of Nigeria is delighted to invite you to join us at the 45th edition of the its annual conference. As in previous editions, the aim is to discuss the importance of soils. In the 2021 edition, the focus will be on “Understanding Soil Organic Matter Dynamics: Key to Sustainable Ecosystem Health.”
To do this we will adopt a new style of conference, with traditional conference talks in the mornings, followed by a range of scientific and interactive topic masterclasses in the afternoons (at no extra fee, fee is included in conference fee).
“Understanding Soil Organic Matter Dynamics: Key to Sustainable Ecosystem Health.”
Sub – themes
- Plant Nutrient Management-interaction of organic & mineral nutrient sources.
- Soil Organic matter Sequestration, Fractionation and climate change
- Soil information & Communication: strengthening policy responses.
- Soil Biodiversity; Reversing Degradation and Desertification
- Land Use and Land Management.
- Indigenous Perspectives; Ecological Significance and Functioning of Soil.
- Professor Rattan Lal (The Ohio State University, USA).
- Professor Bala Abdullahi (Vice Chancellor, Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria)
- Professor Jibrin Jibrin (Bayero University, Kano, Nigeria)
Official Date: 15th – 19th March, 2021